- Doctorate in Psychology, The University of Arizona Global Campus (2020)
- Licensed Professional Counselor/ Supervisor
- Licensed Professional Counselor-(LPC)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy National Certification and Accreditation Association (C-DBT)
- MS, in Rehabilitation Counseling, The University of Arizona Global Campus (2011)
- BS, in Psychology, Stephen F. Austin State University (2001)
Dr. Jones has two younger siblings and grew up in a close-knitted family with several childhood homes due to my father’s career as a military service member. I have two dogs that are the center of my world. Dr. Jones enjoys being me in the yard, reading historical romance, singing, and/or crocheting when not working. COVID-19 has inspired her to enroll in yoga teacher training and doing her nails at home. Since completing her doctorate program, She now has more time to embark upon new adventures in unlikely places!
Dr. Shyra Jones is a licensed professional counselor and has serviced the state of Texas since September 2011. Her Education includes a Doctorate in psychology from the University of Arizona Global Campus in October 2020, a master’s in rehabilitation counseling in 2005, and a Bachelor of Arts in psychology in 2001 from Stephen F. Austin State University. Dr. Jones’s work experience includes working in various settings serving clients from 4 to 65+ years of age. Dr. Jones Specializes in working with trauma survivors of all ages.